Before & After Spray Tan Tips
Before Your Tan
- Prep your skin with THE NUTS Pre & Post Walnut Scrub using the special hammam mitt in the kit. Exfoliating really helps the solution settle better and makes your tan last longer
- Please let us know if you have any allergies at all
- Shave or wax at least 24 hours before your treatment
- If you are taking medication please inform us on the day (this will not necessarily prevent you from receiving your tan)
- Try not to use any other fake tan products one week before your appointment.
- Don’t Wear: Make Up (use OIL FREE products to remove make up before hand, oil tends to block spray tanning products), Deodorant, Perfume, Body Oils or Lotions
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst your tan is developing (i.e. if you are getting your hair/nails done please do so before hand if possible)
- Avoid activities that make you perspire while your tan is developing, as well as chlorine
- Do Wear : Loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops. We have disposable flip flops should you forget.
- Keep skin dry and try to avoid really immersing your hands for as long as possible in the development time. Try wipes instead.
- Allow tan to develop over 6/8 hours (excluding our express treatment).
- Hydrating your skin means locking in your colour- moisturise after your first shower but do not apply any products over the tan during the development time.
After Your Tan Has Developed
- After your tan has developed rinse off remaining guide colour with warm water and avoid using a lot of soap
- Pat dry with a towel or dry naturally
- Avoid products that contain AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) as they can strip colour
- Avoid chlorine
- To prolong your tan keep you skin hydrated! Moisturisers lock but make sure they are oil free.
- Be sure to exfoliate with THE NUTS Walnut Scrub and special mitt from 5-7 days onwards helps your tan fade evenly.